Groovy (A GrooveShark app)
1. Download PuTTY
2. On your Apple TV, go to Settings > General > Network, and make note of your IP address.
3. Open PuTTY.exe and SSH into your Apple TV using these settings
- Enter the Host Name – IP Address of your Apple TV (192.168.1.xxx in most cases.) and click open
- login as – root
- password – alpine (unless you changed it, and if you haven’t you should use the command ‘passwd’ after logging in)
4. Copy and paste(right click in PuTTY) this command, then press enter.
echo “deb http://apt.weasel-project.com ./” > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/weasel.list
5. Type ‘apt-get update’ (without quotes) and press enter.
Alternatively a new clean install on ATV2:
SSH in and type:
apt-get install com.atv.groovy
killall -9 AppleTV
If you have nitoTV installed:
Please go to NitoTV on your Apple TV -> Install Software -> Search for Packages -> groovy -> install
Note : Groovy is not up to date today. Go to http://groovy.weasel-project.com/ for the latest details.
You can grab it at github https://github.com/atvGroovy/atvGroovy